This is the sixth vessel that Rafnar Maritime builds for emergency services in Iceland. We are incredibly excited to have the SAR team Ársæll join the Rafnar family, utilizing the unique qualities of the ÖK Hull to keep Iceland´s South-west coast safe.
Their Rafnar 1100 rib comes with our new optional wide pilothouse. By expanding it we not only grow crew facilities and working area but also enlarge the windows facing forward and in the back. Giving our crews better visibility and further helping with their demanding role of a search and rescue team in some of the world’s roughest sea conditions.
Our team is constantly working with our global partners and users, analysing and improving every aspect of our boat.
Here is a list of some of the new equipment onboard the Ársæll vessel
• Larger and faster navigation plotters
• Enhanced Side Vision Sonar
• FLIR IR camera which will be connected to the AIS system
• Larger and more powerful searchlights
• Navigation plotters that can be connected to drones, giving the crew a view from above the vessel and being able to control and see the drone on the navigation plotters
• Computer with fast 4G internet to connect to the central hub of ICESAR for information and tactical data