Are you our next
We want to strengthen our technical/R&D team with the addition of a new Naval Architect, an innovative “out of the box” thinking individual who is not afraid of a challenge.
Rafnar is a maritime technology company that aims to change the industry. To do so, we need team players with an understanding of ships and seas. You will join a team of highly competent colleagues where you can continuously learn, grow, and expand your knowledge. As the company grows you will have the opportunity to influence the trajectory of your career within the company.
The person we are looking for should fulfil all (or most) of the following:
- Naval Architect with master’s or bachelor’s degree. (For the right candidate, proven experience and knowledge can replace a lack of formal education).
- Experience with new builds of high-speed boats from 8-24 meters.
- Very knowledgeable in class drawings, that are needed to approve new builds.
- Experience with strength calculations for vessels utilising lightweight materials.
- Experience with stability calculations for vessels.
- It will be beneficial if the candidate has got experience from working with CFD-simulations.
- It would also be beneficial if the candidate has experience with 3D-drawing.
- Personal experience with boats is a big advantage
Rafnar at a glance
In 2005, Icelandic inventor Össur Kristinsson established the maritime technology company Rafnar ehf. He invented and patented a unique hull form that reduces overall slamming by up to 95% and significantly reduces energy use at cruising speeds. Click the link to read more about our technology.
JOBS AT RAFNAR //
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to our most commonly asked questions about our application process.